Location: Fruitland, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Fruitland is seeking an Ultrasound Technologist to join our team!
This position will support a flex schedule to cover PTO, sick days etc. with opportunity to pick up additional shifts.
Operates ultrasound equipment for diagnostic and/or therapeutic purposes. Prepares and assists patients during ultrasound exams and testing.
- Collect key information from the patient, family, provider, and nurses that are specific to the exam being performed in order to assist the provider in the proper diagnosis.
- Educate patient, family or provider as to the extent and detail of each procedure, including informed consent as well as pre-and post-procedure instructions.
- Ensure the proper exam is being administered to the patient. Consult provider as needed.
- Maintain proper inventory levels of all supplies as required.
- Assist provider during invasive procedures.
- Perform and document daily equipment inspections and high level disinfection per department policy.
- May be responsible for all American College of Radiology (ACR) accreditation requirements at each site.
- Participate in call rotation as needed.
- Able to perform exams in at least two (2) specialty areas.
- Performs the most advanced tasks with little to no supervision.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 0 years' experience
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- Must have current certification in ONE of the following areas: Abdomen, Breast, OBGYN
- Departments (at Treasure Valley sites only) requiring additional certification:# Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Woman's Clinic, and Maternal Fetal Medicine departments require Nuchal Translucency (NT) certification from the Fetal Medicine Foundation
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
Fruitland is a rural community of 5,000 just 45 minutes from Boise. Famous for fruit orchards, rich farmland, and rugged scenery, Fruitland borders the Snake River as it splits Idaho and Oregon. Known as the West Treasure Valley, the area is home to Treasure Valley Community College and the Four Rivers Cultural Center which honors the diverse heritage of the region: Native American, European, Basque, Japanese, and Hispanic. Additionally Fruitland offers a robust park and trail system, giving residents and visitors excellent access to outdoor activities.
Learn more about what Fruitland has to offer you:
City of Fruitland | Four Rivers Cultural Center | Scotch Pines Golf | Snively Hot Springs
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.