We are looking for an experienced and caring midwife to join our healthcare team. The midwife will be responsible for the physical, mental and emotional care of their patients during delivery. You will provide prenatal and postnatal care and education and ensure the health and well-being of mom and newborn during delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide collaborative care and consultation as part of a Patient Care Team.
- Manage the health care of women during pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period.
- Use nationally accepted guidelines and standards as appropriate in the delivery of women's health care.
- Provide education and counseling in areas of health promotion, disease prevention, medication and treatment options for OB/GYN patients.
- Participate in advancement of knowledge through continuing education.
- Monitor patients postpartum and be available for questions or concerns.
- Maintain current, valid and unrestricted licensure to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Maintain certification by the American College of Nurse-Midwives.
- Participate in research studies available in office.
- Provide contraceptive, pre-conception, infertility and menopausal counseling and intervention for patients along the age continuum.
- Assess abnormal gynecologic conditions and develop appropriate treatment plans.
- Order, perform and interpret screening and diagnostic procedures and tests.
- Prescribe and dispense medications and therapeutic agents in accordance with prescriptive authority.
- Benefits to include health, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k and PSP
- CME allowance
About the Practice
The practice consists of 9 OB/GYN Physicians, 2 Certified Nurse Midwives, 1 Nurse Practitioner, 3 Physician Assistants and 1 Family and Marriage Therapist along with a great support staff. The practice has been serving women in the Hampton Roads area for over 100 years. This practice does all their deliveries and GYN surgical procedures at Sentara Leigh Hospital. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to join a family friendly team that prioritizes top-notch patient care and work/life balance.
About Sentara Leigh Hospital and the Family Maternity Center
Sentara Leigh Hospital, located in Norfolk, VA, is a 250-bed acute care facility that opened in 1903 and relocated to its present site in 1977. Our hospital completed a renovation in 2016, including two new patient towers, a beautiful atrium, and a multi-story parking garage.
Sentara Leigh Hospital includes a dedicated Orthopedic Hospital providing patients access to a full continuum of orthopedic care, from the preoperative phase and surgery to rehabilitation and home care services. Along with being a recognized accredited Primary Stroke Center, and Magnet hospital for nursing excellence, and specializes in orthopedic and spine care, heart, vascular, maternity care, and general surgery. Leigh is also home to the region’s only 24-hour hyperbaric oxygen program that helps speed up the healing of carbon monoxide poisoning, wounds that won’t heal, infections in which tissues are starved for oxygen, airborne chemical exposures, and scuba diving accidents. Sentara Leigh also offers DaVinci for robotic procedures.
Family Maternity Center features 14 completely private rooms for labor, delivery and recovery, and 15 private postpartum rooms with ample space for dad or a support person to spend the night. There is a Certified Nurse Midwife program on site 24/ and on-site anesthesiologist 24/7
Private Practice Location Norfolk, Downtown and Chesapeake