Do you have a passion for OB and Women's care? Are you calm underpressure? Are you a source of peace in a hectic, scary environment? If youpride yourself on being an excellent listener who loves to educate and pour TLCinto scared, high risk pregnant mamas, you're in the right place!
Provide high risk care from puberty to menopause. Provide advice, care andsupport for women and their partners and families during high risk pregnancies.This role will entail a large volume of diabetes management for pregnantmoms and will not involve OR time.
Work Schedule: PRN - Every Fridayand as needed
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview andexamination.
- Plans, implements and evaluates patient care plans. Monitors,records and communicates patient condition as appropriate, and rounds onhospital patients.
- Performs appropriate emergency interventions and managescomplications.
- Manages Diabetic and High Risk pregnancies.
- Rounds on hospital patients.
- Provides education/counseling to patient and patient's family withrespect to pregnancy, care of the newborn, and gynecological care.
- Provides care in the context of promoting age andculture-appropriate informed choices, shared decision-making and the right toself-determination.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisivejudgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriateaction.
The pay range for this position is: $48.870000 - $75.740000 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
Requirements for Nurse Practitioners
- Master's degree in Nursing and graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitionerprogram
- Nurse Practitioner Certification issued by the American Nurses CredentialingCenter (ANCC) or Nurse Practitioner Certification issued by the AmericanAcademy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB) is required forhire and must be maintained throughout employment.
- Unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license issued by the State Board of Nursing inthe state of practice or compact privileges under the multi-state NurseLicensure Compact agreement
- Unrestricted medical staff membership, with appropriate practice privileges
- Full prescriptive authority
- Unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) permit to prescribe allmedications commonly prescribed in the course of practice.
- Eligible to provide services reimbursable services and maintain provider statuswith Medicare and Medicaid.
- Eligible to provide services with no sanctions or exclusion from either theHealth and Human Services/Office of Inspectors General (HHS/OIG) or the GeneralServices Administration's (GSA) List of Parties Excluded from Federal Programs.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification issued by the American Heart Associationor the American Red Cross
Weexpect you live a balanced life and enjoy the Colorado lifestyle. Ourcompetitive compensation package includes:
- Retirementprogram comprised of a basic pension plan, 401(a) investment account, 403(b)matching account and a 457(b) deferred compensation savings plan.
- Offeringsinclude medical, vision, dental, life insurance, disability coverage.
- Competitivetime off plan and wellness benefits.
- Generouscontinuing medical education (CME) allowance.
UCHealthMedical Group is a physician-led organization, with a dedicated focus onaccess, performance, innovation and experience, providing unmatched patientcare in the Rocky Mountain Front Range. With more than 10 hospitals and 100clinic locations, UCHealth pushes the boundaries of medicine, providingadvanced treatments and clinical trials and improving health throughinnovation.
UCHealthrecognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives thatequal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmativeaction/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making allemployment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall bediscriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment orotherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed,color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physicaldisability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, geneticinformation or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any"qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans withDisabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do notimpose an undue hardship on the organization.