Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise is seeking an L&D Specialty Travel RN to join our Clinical Support team!
Do you want to experience the thrill of travel nursing without leaving Idaho and the St. Luke's Health System? Then the Clinical Support Unit's Specialty Travel RN Program is for you!
You'll be able to travel and gain experience at all eight St. Luke's locations - Boise, Meridian, Nampa, McCall, Wood River, Elmore, Magic Valley, and Jerome, all while being paid a competitive Internal Traveler wage. Depending on location, food and housing will also be paid for, as well as mileage and travel time to and from your assignment! 2-years' experience in Medical/Surgical, Emergency, or Labor and Delivery nursing required and your "home base" can be located at any of our St. Luke's sites.
Currently, CSU is looking for adventurous people that want to help across the system.
The Specialty Travel program starts with a tiered compensation rate based on experience. If you are out of your home area, it also includes a $100/wk food stipend, housing allowance or room at one of our owned condos/apartments, travel time to and from the assignment, and mileage to and from the assignment. Typical assignments are 13-weeks in length at any of our 8 St. Luke's sites across the System, but could be as short as one week depending on need. Shifts are variable(days, nights, or possible mids in the ER). Shifts will not be changed more than once within a 6 week block.
- Identifies patient needs and determines priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Develops, implements and coordinates individualized plan of care for patients assigned through initial and on-going assessments.
- Initiates assessment based on the patient's problems or needs, the physician's medical diagnosis, and the functional health framework.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions.
- Manages care of patients.
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and/or clinical priorities
- Advocates for evidence-based practice care standards and supports adoption of evidence-based practices and innovations in care delivery.
- Provides patient centric care in alignment with professional nursing practice model.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's or Associate's Nursing Degree from an accredited nursing program
- Experience: 2 years's RN experience in the skill set they are hired to support (e.g. Med/Surg Rehab, Telemetry, ICU, ED, Labor & Delivery, Med/Surg)
- Licenses/Certifications: American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Provider certification; and
- Current RN licensure in State of Practice;
- Valid drivers license and auto insurance
***Please note - This Registered Nurse position is for nurses with 1+ years of RN experience. We currently have our "STAR Nurse Residency New Grad RN (<12 mo. Exp.)" positions open. Please search for "New Grad RN" on our careers portal to be considered for current opening
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
About Treasure Valley
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.