Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise is seeking an experienced RN to join our Labor & Delivery team.
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
Unit/Position SummaryThe Boise Labor and Delivery Unit delivers around 350 babies per month. Nurses care for families through an exciting, life changing experience. Our labor nurses are skilled in the high tech aspects of birthing as well as high touch. Training is provided in therapeutic touch, natural birth support, breathing techniques, water therapy, and supporting women's rituals around birth to help them become the most skillful and supportive nurses possible for every unique birthing experience. 16 LDRs, 3 ORs, 2 Recovery, 10 Triage, and a separate 13 bed Antepartum Unit combine to create the Labor and Delivery department at Boise St. Luke's.
Why St. Luke's, Boise L&D:
"St Lukes Boise Labor & Delivery is one of the best staffed, kindhearted, evidence-based practicing, and well-run units I've had the pleasure of working for. This is the tenth hospital I've worked at, so I have seen many different ways of running an L&D unit; I can confidently say they are doing it right here. I am so impressed by the staffing ratios (pitocin patients 1:1, OB stat nurse available for emergent situations/help, intermittent monitoring for low-risk patients, etc) and open-mindedness of the providers. It is clear that everyone works here as a team with the same common goal of "healthy mom, healthy baby." Whether you are a new grad or an experienced nurse, you will have what you need to feel cared for at your job!"
- Identifies patient needs and determines priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Develops, implements and coordinates individualized plan of care for patients assigned through initial and on-going assessments.
- Initiates assessment based on the patient's problems or needs, the physician's medical diagnosis, and the functional health framework.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions.
- Manages care of patients.
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and/or clinical priorities
- Advocates for evidence-based practice care standards and supports adoption of evidence-based practices and innovations in care delivery.
- Provides patient centric care in alignment with professional nursing practice model.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's of Nursing Degree
Experience: 1+ years of experience
Licenses/Certifications: Current RN licensure from the State of Practice
***Please note - This Registered Nurse position is for nurses with 1+ years of RN experience. We currently have our "STAR Nurse Residency New Grad RN (<12 mo. Exp.)" positions open. Please search for "New Grad RN" on our careers portal to be considered for current opening
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
As the only Idaho-based, not-for-profit health system, St. Luke's Health System is dedicated to our mission "to improve the health of people in our region."
Why St. Luke's:
- Five-time Magnet Designation for Nursing Excellence
- Named one of the top 15 Health Systems in the U.S. for the 8th consecutive year
- Locally owned, not-for-profit, and driven by a strong sense of purpose
Start the 1st of the month following your start date
- Medical/Dental/Vision - Start the 1st of the month following your start date
- Retirement plans (403b) - No vesting period!
- Paid time off (Vacation, holidays and short term disability)
- Long term disability
- Life insurance
- Air St. Luke's
- Healthy U wellness plan
- Tuition/Certification Reimbursement & Scholarships
- Adoption Reimbursement
- and many more....
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.