Location: Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Career Opportunities at Summit Health and CityMD
Summit Health and CityMD form a physician-driven, patient-centric network, committed to simplifying the complexities of health care and bringing a more connected kind of care. Our unique network was created by the 2019 merger between Summit Medical Group, one of the nation's premier independent multispecialty medical groups, and CityMD, the leading urgent care provider in the New York metropolitan area. Together, Summit Health and CityMD deliver a more intuitive, comprehensive, and responsive care experience for every patient, regardless of the stage of life or health condition, through high-quality primary, specialty, and urgent care.
We are continually growing to meet the needs of our patients and deliver exceptional care to an even greater population. Summit Health now has more than 2,800 providers across more than 80 specialty areas, 13,000 employees, and over 370 locations in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and Central Oregon. CityMD has over 150 locations across the tri-state. We share a vision of improving the way health care needs are addressed by offering timely, high-quality, comprehensive care with an exceptional patient experience. Together, we provide the best possible care to every patient in every neighborhood.
Join our team!
Summit Health and CityMD are dedicated to hiring and retaining the right talent who will contribute to our ongoing expansion and success. We work to set clear goals and expectations, while regularly managing performance and cultivating personal and team capabilities within a positive, collaborative environment that recognizes and rewards success. We strive to make each team member's experience at our company inspiring. Explore our open positions and apply to become a part of the Summit Health and CityMD family.
This is an immersive 12-month training position that utilizes a interprofessional approach to prepare the Fellow to step into the fast-paced role of an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Summit Health. The program includes weekly didactics, autonomous & precepted practice, specialty rotations and other educational components. Curriculum will have an emphasis on evidence-based medicine to help Fellows develop critical reasoning skills. The program also includes a heavy emphasis on leadership and clinical practice under risk-based payment arrangements. All Fellows will work under the direct guidance of APP preceptors, physicians, mentors, and program directors. A successful applicant for this role will be responsible for providing services independently and collaboratively, including initial and ongoing assessments, diagnoses, treatment plans, etc.
Individuals in this role will reflect the mission, vision, and values of Summit Health, while also adhering to the organizations policies and procedures.
Please include a Word document answering two of the following essay questions in 250 words or less for each question:
- The Summit Health APP Primary Care Fellowship is a new program with opportunities for the incoming fellowship cohort to lead the future of the program. Explain how you feel you can help shape the program.
- Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician Assistant schools are rigorous academic programs. This fellowship is an additional year of intense training. Explain how you keep a healthy work/life balance, why this is important to you, and how you plan to continue these practices moving forward in your career.
- Fellowships for APPs are optional and created to help bridge the gap from academic setting to autonomous practice. Explain why you are interested in further training, including your short and long-term aspirations for career and professional development.
- "Learning is not attained by chance; it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence."- Abigail Adams What does this quote mean to you?
- If you were the Dean of your APN/PA program, what are three things you would change and three things you would keep the same. Explain your reasoning.
Essential Job functions:
- Clinical Job Functions:
- Provide direct patient care as assigned by clinical preceptors, including new patient and follow up visits
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of patients' health by collecting historical information and performing physical examinations
- Identify chief complaint, perform direct clinical care, recommend treatment plans, and prescribe appropriate medications as needed
- Develop deep knowledge base of the disease processes for which most Summit Health patients are seen
- Interpret laboratory and other diagnostic tests related to diagnosing and treatment
- Order and/or prescribe medication, therapies, interventions, etc.
- Refill pharmacy requests and review chart notes as needed
- Make appropriate referrals for patient care
- Patient communication including patient education during the visit, follow-up communication regarding lab/test results or needed referrals
- Assist and/or triage patients who call Summit Health with problems or concerns
- Review, sign and send dictated notes to physician for co-signature in a timely manner
- Contact patient to review all lab and radiology reports, discuss treatment plan and order additional testing according to department guidelines
- Documentation of all patient encounters including office visits and telephone conversations in the EHR
- Complete inbox management in a timely manner
- Close encounters according to Summit Health's expectations
- Leadership Job Functions:
- Participate in all aspects of the fellowship program to enhance/refine leadership skills
- Collaborate and consult with physicians and other health care professionals, as appropriate
- Develop essential organizational skills to manage patient panel
- Develop effective and efficient communication skills with interprofessional teams
- Educational Job Functions
- Attend all educational components of the fellowship program as scheduled
- Identify individual professional development needs and work w/ APP preceptors and mentors to create opportunities for learning and growth
- Participate in live Q&A sessions and journal club
- Complete a quality improvement project, including poster presentation
- Regularly maintain journal entries to facilitate an end-of-program reflection presentation
Total Rewards at Summit Health CityMD
Our team members are essential to our mission to reshape healthcare through the power of connection. Summit Health highly values the critical role that health and wellness play in the lives of our team members and their families. We strive to provide a valuable suite of benefits, wellness programs, compensation, time off, and resources to support the wellbeing and personal needs of team members and their families at various stages of life and in their professional career. Collectively, we call these "Total Rewards".
Here at Summit Health, our total rewards include, but are not limited to:
We've Got You Covered - Health coverage is vital, and it begins as soon as the 1st of the month after you start employment.
Build a Healthy Foundation - Various medical plan options, HDHP with HSA option and employer contribution, and waived copays at CityMD Urgent Cares.
Enhance Your Health Coverage - Dental and vision insurance, plus healthcare and dependent care spending accounts.
Safeguard Your Household - Company paid EAP and life insurance, plus optional supplemental life, pet, and legal plan insurance.
Protect Against the Unexpected - Voluntary benefits including hospital indemnity, accident, critical illness, and disability insurance.
Retirement Investing - 401(k) plan with company match every pay period to help you build towards your retirement.
Work/Life Balance - Paid time off including PTO, holidays, and more so employees can take a break or care for themselves and their family.
Paid Maternity Leave - Paid time off for the birth of a child to assist with important time away while welcoming the newest addition to your family.
Reach Professional Goals - Tuition reimbursement, annual compensation and bonus program, and internal growth opportunities.
Financial Wellness - Educational webinars, resources, and tools to help foster financial literacy.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. Our Company will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.