Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Internal Number: 2205027431-0
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Interviews patient, family, significant others to formulate a nursing history.
2. Observes, identifies and collects data to identify nursing care needs of the patient and family.
3. Correlates the medical plan of care with the nursing plan of care.
4. Identifies and reports to the appropriate person(s) abnormal diagnostic data and clinical changes in the patient's condition.
5. Develops patient problems and nursing care needs of the patient and family/significant others.
6. Documents patient problems and nursing care needs of the patient and family/significant others
7. Actively involves patient and family/significant others in planning patient's care.
8. Develops short- and long-term goals for the patient and family/significant others.
9. Identifies the need to involve other disciplines in the patient's care.
10. Initiates discharge planning upon admission
11. Performs common nursing procedures as defined in Policy and Procedure Manual.
12. Implements changes in physician's orders in a timely manner.
13. Explains treatments and procedures to patient and family/significant others.
14. Provides patient and family teaching.
15. Provides for the safety, cleanliness and comfort of the patient.
16. Initiates emergency procedures as needed within the scope of practice and hospital policy.
17. Evaluates the patient's response to nursing care.
18. Updates and revises care to be delivered as patient's needs change.
19. Appropriately communicates changes and care given to other members of the health care team.
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND RESPONSIBILITY:
20. Assumes leadership role and delegates nursing care.
21. Assign tasks appropriately and guides team members based on their skills and abilities.
22. Maintains awareness of legal aspects of hospital nursing.
23. Assists in orientation and/or acts as a preceptor for new personnel.
24. Sets goals and objectives with target dates.
25. Participates in patient care Quality Assurance programs.
26. Accurately assesses: breasts, fundus, locia, perineum, DTRs, breath sounds, bowel sounds.
27. Teaches mother/baby care as indicated by patient need.
28. Assists mother with appropriate techniques of breast-feeding.
29. Demonstrates correct utilization of breast pump to the mother.
30. Applies heat appropriately to perineum either by sitz bath or peri-lite.
31. Utilizes apnea monitor to identify apnea after morphine sulfate epidural.
32. Accurately utilizes Doppler to assess fetal heart rate.
33. Follows hospital policy related to administration of RhoGam and vaccines.
34. Attends three inservices related to OB per year.
35. Attends three peer OB related inservices per year.
36. Leads one OB related inservice or presents three articles to share with discussion per year.
37. Point of care testing
A. Minimum Education: Knowledge necessary to obtain R.N. license in the state of California and current California R.N. license. Current American Heart Association BLS. NRP within 90 days of hire.
Required: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
Preferred: Academic degree in nursing (Bachelors or Masters degree)
B. Preferred Skills and Abilities: Recent acute care experience.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Job: Obstetric/Women Wing/Labor & Delivery
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Nights
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.