**$1,625 Sign on Bonus, with required amount of relevant experience**
DMC Hutzel Womenâ��s Hospital is nationally recognized for cutting-edge research in high-risk obstetrics, infertility, reproductive genetics, neonatology, maternal fetal medicine, midwifery, gynecology, urogynecology, menopause, permanent birth control and alternatives to hysterectomy. With a rich history of more than 150 years as Michiganâ��s first hospital for women, patients benefit from Hutzelâ��s commitment to research and education. Home to the Perinatology Research Branch of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute for Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Hutzel is recognized as a leader in womenâ��s health by physicians and researchers across the country.Job Description:
Under direct supervision, and according to established policies and procedures, performs a variety of medical procedures and tests to assist in the examination and treatment of patients. Performs a variety of clerical duties, as assigned.
1. Interview patient to obtain reason for visit to doctor and takes vital signs such as temperature, blood pressure, weight, etc. Documents patient's reason for visit along with vital signs in patient's chart. Provides or drapes patient with appropriate covering depending upon examination.
2. Prepares examination room by changing table paper, performing necessary cleaning, laying out instruments and supplies, and the like. Assists physician with patient examinations by helping to move or position patient for procedure, handing instruments to physician, etc.
3. May perform any of the following medical procedures: giving non-intravenous injections, venipuncture, performing EKG's, assisting with stress tests, routine x-rays, PFT's, and other related activities.
4. Performs a variety of routine laboratory tests and procedures such as centrifuging blood, setting up slides for microscopic examination, and performing tests (i.e., indicate sugar or Hgb levels in urine and blood samples etc.)
5. May provide instructions to patients as per physician order/protocol or reinforce physician instructions regarding medicines, diets, post surgical care, advance preparations for testing at hospital and how to conduct self-breast examinations.
6. Cleans and sterilizes instruments according to established procedures.
7. Performs routine stock work such as shelving supplies, monitoring supply levels and checking for outdated supplies. Initiates paperwork to reorder supplies, as necessary.
8. May perform clerical duties such as scheduling appointments, receiving payments for services and posting to patient's account, filing and maintaining medical records.
9. Follows established policies and procedures to meet minimum life safety standards of JCAHO/OSHA. Actively participates in all safety training including but not limited to cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and annual safety training.
High school diploma or GED.
Graduation from a school of practical nursing, OR
Completion of one of the following:
Nurse Assistant Program or equivalent training.
Medical Assistant Program, or six months of experience in a doctors office or related area performing Medical Assistant duties.
Phlebotomy training program. Six months direct patient care experience, preferred.
Medical Assistant certification preferred.
1. Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with physicians, patients, and other office staff.
2. Technical knowledge of medical assisting procedures, and equipment operation in order to perform assigned duties.
3. Visual acuity, including depth perception and manual dexterity to operate equipment, document patient information, and in order to give injections.
4. Ability to very frequently (51-80% of work time) stand and walk while assisting with examination and treatment of patients; ability to reach, bend and lift.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.