Pediatric Patient Care Associate Hematology Nights FT
DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Internal Number: 2105017025
Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan is an international leader in pediatric and adolescent medicine. Surgical services include general, thoracic, reconstructive and cardiovascular. Imaging technology designed specifically for children provides advanced diagnostic services including Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and MRI. The Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan Emergency Department is a verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and dedicated pediatric burn center. Experts in pediatric critical care, rehabilitation, and neonatal and perinatal medicine provide care for thousands of children every year at Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan, Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan - Troy and six ambulatory sites.
The Patient Care Associate (PCA) is a member of the patient care services team with primary responsibilities for technical, multi-skilled direct and indirect patient care activities. The PCA is assigned to work under the supervision of a registered nurse who delegates tasks based upon patient needs and PCA skills and abilities. The PCA will report all deviations from expected patient parameters to the registered nurse.
1. Collaborates and cooperates with care team members to ensure consistency and quality of care and promotes productive employee relations among staff members. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to the philosophy and objective of continuous improvement, team work and the mission, vision and values of the DMC.
2. Performs a variety of basic patient care activities under the direction of a registered nurse. Reports changes in patient medical and/or emotional condition to the registered nurse. Assists nursing personnel in responding to various emergency patient situations.
3. Assists patient in activities of daily living by feeding, bathing, toileting and other personal hygiene regimes.
4. Follows all departmental policies, procedures and objectives; continuous improvement initiatives; safety environmental and infection control standards.
5. Demonstrates sensitivity to patient comfort and privacy and expresses interest in patient progress. Answers questions from patients and their families and explains procedures and processes within the scope of their training/abilities. Maintains confidentiality.
6. As required by unit needs, performs general clerical duties which may include, but are not limited to, answering telephones and call lights, greeting patients and visitors.
7. Enhances personal growth through participation in workshops, educational programs, in-service meetings and reviewing current literature. Shares joint accountability (with the institution) for maintaining competencies.
8. Performs other tasks as assigned (see task list).
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Graduation from a school of practical nursing OR
3. Completion of one of the following:
a. A Certified PCA/PCT Program.
b. A Certified Nurse Assistant Program or equivalent training.
c. A Medical Assistant Program.
d. An EMT program.
e. A phlebotomy training program.
With six (6) months direct patient care experience, preferred.
Job: Nursing Assistants and PCA
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Nights
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.