All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Mental Health Resources and Support
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The role you’ll contribute:
The respiratory care intern works under the supervision of the respiratory department leadership team and with the guidance of licensed respiratory care practitioners to prepare, transport, set up and check respiratory care equipment in both routine and emergency situations including the management and distribution of medical gas cylinders to all patient care areas.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers. Promptly responds to multiple departments regarding respiratory supplies and medical gas issues.
· Demonstrates appropriate and courteous phone etiquette
· Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
· Provides non-direct patient care support services for respiratory therapy department.
· Management and distribution of medical gas cylinders including inventory and cylinder transport to all patient care areas (including CVOR, Endoscopy, Main OR, Labor & Delivery, Radiology, Neonatal Transport and Cath Lab)
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· High School education or equivalent
· Previous experience in hospital setting preferred.
· Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (within 90 days of hire date)
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.