M Health Woodwinds Hospital, located in Woodbury MN has been named one of 100 Great Community Hospitals for 2015 by Beckers hospital Review. Woodwinds not only provides a beautiful campus for our patients and employees we also off cross functional work. We do not work with specific surgery teams so each staff member is able to be proficient in each service. We perform approximately 2,000 total joints a year including complex revisions in our 5 state of the art OR rooms. We average 17 cases per day. We are looking for a Surgical Technologist to join our team !
Fully Benefit eligible
48 hours per two weeks, Night Shift (11:00 pm to 7:00 am)
Every other weekend
Our Surg Techs assist the surgical team in the care of surgical patients in the operating room. Assists the surgeon by passing instruments during procedure , hemostasis, maintains sterile conditions, assists in applyingdressing, and assists in post-operative clean-up.
As well, this position is eligible for $1000 referral bonus. If you are a Fairview employee and want to learn more about the referral bonus program Click Here .
THIS POSITION WILL BE WORKING IN OUT LABOR AND DELIVERY AREA
* Review case cart to ensure necessary equipment is available for case.
* Surg Techs Scrub-in to sterile field and set-up instrumentation for case.
* Assists the surgeon by passing instruments during procedure.
* Assists with OR room turnover between cases.
* Gathers Operating room equipment and positioning devices as needed, cleans and returns to storage locations.
* Counts instruments at the completion to ensure all items are accounted for.
* Ensures specimens are correctly identified prior to sending to laboratory for testing.
* Verifies medications are accurately measured and labeled.
* Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and
standards for surgical technoligist.
* Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
* Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned.
* Trade or Vocational Certification,Trade or vocational certification in Surgical Technology required.
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
Qualification Source: National Board of Surgical Tech and Surgical Assisting
Together with the University of Minnesota and University of Minnesota Physicians we have created M Health Fairview. M Health Fairview is the newly expanded collaboration among the University of Minnesota, University of Minnesota Physicians, and Fairview Health Services. The healthcare system combines the best of academic and community medicine — expanding access to world-class, breakthrough care through our 10 hospitals and 60 clinics.Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 10 hospitals—including an academic medical center and long-term care hospital—serving the greater Twin Cities metro area.Its broad continuum also includes 60 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, ...Fairview’s 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education.