This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Saddleback Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support Saddleback Medical Center’s strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
Utilizing the nursing process and clinical nursing practice standards, the RN is responsible for directing, delivering, and coordinating nursing care for Women’s and Children’s Service patients in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Nursing Department. Responsibilities include directing unlicensed employee activity, synthesizing patient information, assessment of patients, planning of care /interventions, teaching patients/family, implementation of treatment plan/MD orders, and evaluation of care rendered. The RN must effectively communicate and document data relevant to the care of the patient. The RN utilizes knowledge of patient age, cultural diversity, and psychosocial and/or spiritual needs into the patient’s plan of care. The RN contributes to the promotion of quality nursing care through performance improvement processes that demonstrates positive outcome in patient care. In addition, the RN collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure safe and effective patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcome.
• One year of acute care experience in Labor and Delivery preferred. In lieu of this experience, consideration will be made for an employee with strong education and associated experience.
• Current California RN license
• Graduate of an Accredited Nursing School preferred
• Specialty certification preferred
• Current Neonatal Resuscitation Provider Card (NRP)
• Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support Card (ACLS)
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Card (BCLS)
• Current Advanced Fetal Monitoring Education issued through the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWOHNN)
Internal Number: SAD002827
About MemorialCare Saddleback Medical Center
Let us introduce ourselves. We're MemorialCare, a nonprofit health system that includes four hospitals, two medical groups, imaging centers, surgical centers and much more. As one of the leading health systems in Orange County and Los Angeles County, we're confident that no matter what your needs are, we have the teams, tools and know-how to support you every step of the way.