Providence is calling a Mental Health Clinician II to Providence Kodiak Mental Health Center in Kodiak, AK.
Are you looking for an opportunity to expand your skills beyond your current specialty? Do you seek variety in your work? Does the opportunity to make an impact in a small community sound appealing? If so, Providence Kodiak Island Counseling Center may be a great fit for you! At Providence Kodiak Island Counseling Center you will find a supportive team environment with leadership that fosters and encourages learning and career growth. As a Mental Health Clinician II, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of patient populations, providing services to children, adolescents and adults in both individual and group settings. When you are not busy proving care to the community of Kodiak, you will be able to enjoy small town living with endless outdoor activities and beautiful scenery. Venture out into the wilderness to hike, fish, hunt or just take in some scenic views of Kodiak Island, also known as "Emerald Isle" for its breathtaking vibrant landscape. Come join our small, collaborative team and enjoy all that the island has to offer!
In this position you will:
- Provide quality mental health services to children, adolescents and adults.
- Provide psychotherapy to children, adolescents and adults in an individual, couples or group format as appropriate.
- Work within guidelines of accepted standards of mental health practice.
- Develop treatment plans, record clinical progress, and prepare reports as appropriate.
- Provide consultation and education to individuals, agencies, organizations and other professionals.
- Participate in regular clinical supervision, staffing, in-service training and professional development.
- Participate in 24-hour on-call crisis intervention and emergency service rotation.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in social work, psychology or a related field
- Licensure as a LPC, LCSW, LMFT, or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Two (2) years progressively responsible experience in a mental health or closely related setting
- Knowledge of principles and practices of psychotherapy, psychological assessment or assessment procedures appropriate to field if other than psychology and crisis intervention
- Ability to establish and maintain the confidence and cooperation of clients, staff and others
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors of Kodiak Island. This critical access hospital features 25 acute care beds, including four birthing suites, one OB triage room, and two ICU beds. In addition, the Elder House, PKIMC's long term care facility, has 22 beds.
PKIMC provides an extensive array of inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency department, surgery, laboratory services, maternity, general medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, sleep studies, specialty clinics, diagnostic imaging services and pharmacy and is staffed by a mix of primary care physicians, surgeons and specialists who provide family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics, radiology and general practice.
For more information regarding Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center, please click on the following link: http://providence-kodiakhealthcare.jobs/
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Mental/Behavioral Health
Req ID: 149626