Providence is calling a Lead Maternity Technician to Providence Newberg Medical Center in Newberg, OR.
This position is a day shift role 7 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. We are seeking someone who has taken ownership of the Maternity Tech role and has become an (unofficial) leader to their team.
In this position, you will:
- Provide specific delegated duties under the supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN) that supports the delivery of quality care for the Maternity patient and her infant.
- Function as the Operating Room (OR) scrub technician assisting with the preparation/use of equipment supplies instruments and environment needed for vaginal delivery and Obstetric surgical procedures.
- Be responsible to assist in training/orienting the maternity techs for The Birth Center.
- Assist in training the RNs to circulate.
- Provide limited clerical duties which require basic computer and telephone/patient call system knowledge.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Qualified candidates must possess at least one of the following:
- Completion of a surgical technologist program -AND- a current surgical technologist certification
- Completion of a surgical technologist training program in the Armed Forces.
- Two (2) or more years of current surgical technologist experience within either a health care facility
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Certified Surgical Technologist
- 2 years of experience as a Maternity Technician or Surgical Technologist
- Proven ability to train others
- Solid understanding of OR compliance requirements
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Care Tech/Asst/Aide (non licensed)
Req ID: 150345