Providence is calling an Assistant Administrator – Financial & Support Services to Providence Valdez Medical in Valdez, Alaska.
We are seeking an Assistant Administrator to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate the broader financial and support services components of the organization to ensure compliance with city, state, and federal laws, regulations and ordinances, in addition to standards set by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, The Joint Commission and other accrediting/oversight bodies as applicable. This individual assists the Administrator with overall ministry operations. The Assistant Administrator oversees the financial analysis and planning, accounting, patient registration, billing and collection services, health information management, facilities maintenance, environmental services, laundry and dietary functions for the Providence Valdez Medical Center and Providence Valdez Counseling Center.
In this position you will:
- Provide visionary leadership to motivate and facilitate the provision of overall organizational services with particular emphasis on the financial and support services areas.
- With the Administrator, establish and maintain plans for effective management of financial, human, material and informational resources for the ministry, with particular focus on the financial and support services areas.
- Ensure that processes for the completion of all regulatory reports for PVCC and PVMC are submitted to appropriate agencies, as well as continuously address performance improvement opportunities with the multidisciplinary team.
- In coordination with the Administrator, actively contribute and participate in the development and execution of the annual Operations Plan and the long-term Strategic Plan.
- Develop, implement and evaluate programs to promote recruitment, retention, development and continuing education of ministry employees, with particular focus on financial and support services staff members as necessary to promote quality care delivery.
- Strive to improve own level of competence through skill development, keeping abreast of administrative, and healthcare trends regarding local, state and federal requirements and new developments in healthcare and management theory.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in business, finance, accounting, health or other related field.
- Three (3) years management experience.
- Five (5) years experience in accounting or a related field with specific experience in health care finance including third party reimbursement and financial analysis.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Three (3) years Critical Access Hospital experience.
- A Hospital Financial Professional Certification (HFMA).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
About the Providence Valdez Medical Center
Providence Valdez Medical Center is an 11 bed Critical Access Hospital co-located with a licensed 10 bed Long Term Care facility. Our team of physicians, nurses, therapists, technicians, clinicians and support staff provide quality and compassionate inpatient and outpatient health care to patients and residents. Our state of the art facility, built in 2004, is able to provide a wide array services including acute, emergency, Labor and Delivery, Radiology, Ultrasound, CT Scan, DEXA scan, CLIA certified laboratory, Rehab services including Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Director / Executive
Req ID: 139402