Providence is calling a new graduate Registered Nurse to an internship opportunity at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Working with a preceptor and assuming increasing responsibility during the residency, the RN Resident is accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan.
This is a 0.9 FTE (36 hours per week) position.
July 2017 anticipated open units for new grad RN's:
Med/Surg Units (Renal Care, Orthopedics, Progressive Care Unit, Medical/Surgical, Medical/Oncology, Neuro, Resource Pool)
Specialty Units - Pediatrics, Maternity (Mother Baby Unit)
Benefits include: Great compensation and benefits that start the same day you do!
Click here explore our benefit portal:
Applications accepted through April 24th.
Applications are screened and applicants that successfully meet the requirements of the position will have a video interview.
One additional in-person interview with the hiring managers will be conducted on May 1-5 for Specialties, and May 8-12 for Med/Surg units.
The start date is Monday, July 24, 2017.
*The Resident program is up to 16 weeks of training. Candidates hired will have a 2 year commitment to the unit. Applications are accepted through April 24, 2017. Candidates must pass NCLEX and have RN license posted with the State of AK prior to the hire date. Program starts on 7/24/17. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patients' care. Develop, update and coordinate the patient's plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems, and integrate evidence, and best practice into nursing care
- Engage in ongoing professional development
- Lead and coordinate teams, appropriately delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge. Model professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of Nursing.
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within three (3) years or 20 years of RN experience.
- BLS Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hire.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska.
- Less than six (6) months of acute care experience, or less than two (2) years of non-hospital experience.
- Variable schedule to meet department needs.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and work with a variety of health unit teams.
**PAMC does not offer relocation for internships.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: RN Resident
Req ID: 150286