Providence is calling a Registered Nurse to Peds Gastroenterology Clinic at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska.
The Clinic Registered Nurse will plan, direct, and provide professional nursing care in a medical office using a multidisciplinary approach.
In this position you will:
- Prepare patients for physician or healthcare provider encounters including auditing charts in accordance with standards and policies.
- Takes vital signs as indicated, records patients' histories, prepares appropriate instruments for examination or procedure.
- Perform nursing procedures such as EKG, spirometry, injections, starting and maintaining intravenous infusions, dressing changes, urinary catheterizations, finger stick blood glucose testing.
- Education of patients in a wide variety of health care subjects such as maternal/child health care, nutrition and life style issues, sexually transmitted diseases, basic health care maintenance, and self-administration of medications.
- Perform patient follow-up including notifying patients of laboratory results, scheduling referral appointments, maintaining charts and records, and responding to patient telephone calls.
- Assist physicians and other healthcare providers in procedures such as minor surgery, sigmoidoscopy, biopsy, colposcopy.
- Maintain tracking systems to ensure compliance with medical guidelines and health maintenance standards.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduation as a RN from a school of nursing accredited by the National League of Nursing.
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska.
- One (1) year of professional nursing experience.
- Variable schedule to meet clinic needs.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Prior clinic or outpatient experience.
- Knowledgeable of the uses and effects of medications, medical terminology and medical equipment.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinic/Ambulatory Care Nursing
Req ID: 138020